Saturday, November 13, 2010

Living Dead Girl - Elizabeth Scott Review

The Truth Hurts.

That one sentence basically sums up this book. Everybody looks at the world and sees themselves. Admit it, it's true. Do we stop and notice those around us?

This book is about a girl who is abducted. Pretty much it.

Even though that doesn't sound like a promising book, um well, it is a promising book. It's actually so much more. It's deep, it's powerful, moving, full of emotion. I like to read a book straight through if at all possible. I had to literally put this book down and gather up the courage to pick it back up again. Some force was driving me to read it, and that's how powerful this book is. It is so overwhelming that it's not even funny. I will say that this book did not make me cry. Why? Because it drove me past the point of tears. My emotions felt like they were put in a blender.

I can't really say too much about this book except READ IT. Also know that this book is not for the light-hearted. It does contain mature themes (being rape, physical abuse, and the all-basic truth). Highly recommended. Five Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment